The Clams Are HERE!

Hard to believe, THE DREAM, my hope for a 1:1 initiative actually comes true tomorrow! The Clams are in my room charging as I type. No, Clam is not some fancy acronym. Since my students, parents, and I refer to my classroom as Collazo Cove, I figured calling them clams would be appropriate. I mean, after all, they open like one, right? Plus it will be fun for the kids to use that term when referring to their brand-spanking new HP 1101 netbooks!
[caption id="attachment_205" align="alignleft" width="150" caption="HP 1101 Mini"]HP 1101 Mini[/caption]

I would be remiss if I didn't thank Mr. Moore, my principal, for allowing me to come back home to Ingram and his faith in my dream; Mrs. Johnson, our county technology director, for her continued support as I've begged for this project over the past 6 years; my superintendent, Dr. Moss, for meeting with me to hear my ideas and then making the plan work; and finally to my great friend and colleague, Danita Russell (one of the best Instructional Tech Facilitators you'll ever meet) for taking my phone calls at all hours and continually keeping me grounded! Here's to proving what kids can do when you give them the tools!

So, the adventure starts tomorrow! My goal is to blog (at least a few sentences) every day about what we are doing in our room as we incorporate our netbooks into our learning. Hope you'll join us often for the ride!
5 Responses
  1. Mom Says:

    I am so excited for you!!!!! Thanks for sending me the link. I will check in every day and read your progression on this "Under The Sea" Adventure!!


  2. Jen McCarthy Says:

    Wow!! Sounds like some amazing things going on. In the times of high stakes and state testing, it is so nice to see someone take that love of learning and share excitement and eagerness with students! Congratulations Kim--enjoy the journey--you have got some LUCKY students!!:)


  3. Charlie Says:

    Congratulations!!!!! Let me know if you have an opening for a Senior Citizen (Me)!!! I can use all the computer help I can get!!!!


  4. I love that you named them clams - too cute! You are too sweet with your kind words for me. We make a great team - hope you make it back to middle school soon! I can hope - can't I????


  5. Ruth Says:

    This is very exciting and fun! What a great year you and your lucky students are going to have! I've subscribed to your blog, so I can keep up with all of your wonderful activities!