Eating Raspberries While Trying To Be Patient...

It's hard to believe mid-quarter progress reports go out next week!  I am loving each day with my 4th graders.  They are doing some amazing things with our old Writers as we (I, because they don't even know yet) wait patiently for the Central Office to order our netbooks...

Three of our Luna moth caterpillars have survived and today "Fatty" decided to encase himself (?) in a chrysalis!  Every 5 minutes some of us had to check him out!  And we wait patiently for our netbooks...

We couldn't wait to get to Brainstorm Beach yesterday.  Brainstorm Beach is our group circle area which is created using  the backs of two book shelves spaced about 7 feet apart (complete with the Terrific Kid beach chair).  Several weeks ago my wonderful husband nailed white shower board to both backs so the kids could use wipe off markers to "brainstorm" and share ideas.  Anyway, we finished Hatchet while holding our breath to find out if Brian would get rescued!  That is one of my favorite parts of the day (and the kids too, I think).  We shared raspberries there the other day 'cause Brian had eaten some in the book, and many of my kids had never tried them before!  Did I mention I love teaching this age group?  And we wait patiently for the Central Office to order our netbooks...

kid with raspberries


Photo Credit: http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/DANPOD/US48_BJA0005.jpg

1 Response
  1. Ruth Radney Says:

    Great post, Kim! Hatchet is a great book! I remember that we ate raspberries, also, and venison, when we read it! Sounds like your year is off to a great start!

    C'mon netbooks! The wheels of administrative offices sometimes turn very slowly. You are being very patient! I would be sending a text msg every hour or two, "Really looking forward to having those netbooks!" "I know our scores will soar... when the netbooks arrive." ;-)