Day 48 A Smile and A Laugh

After studying the vocabulary words from Jack and the Beanstalk, and using many of them (without being asked, by the way) in our virtual comic strips, it was time to make sure we had mastered them! I am really loving Google Forms for simple quizzes! I created our vocab test using the drop down option so the kids could read the definition and had to choose from four choices on the drop down menu. I embedded the form right on our website on Today's Jobs. The kids worked at their own pace through the quiz and then clicked "submit" and viola, their answers appeared in my spreadsheet. From there it was easy to pick out the incorrect answers and record the grades. Since there weren't many incorrect answers (yippie!) I will probably "share" this spreadsheet and the kids can go check out their grade using our class Google account.

Most of the students have now finished their virtual "comics" using the template planning sheet for Jack and the Beanstalk. They are adorable! Yes, some are better than others, but the cleverness is in the details! Make sure you stop by The Cove Bookshelf on our website where we house books and stories we've written, you won't be disappointed! If you don't have much time, make sure you click on these in particular! Jack and the Beanstalk meets 21st century digital native: Calvin's Part 1 and 2, Jamie's, Calizia's, Jasmine L's, Brandon's Part 1 and 2, or Whitney's. You'll get a chuckle, I guarantee!
[caption id="attachment_319" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Baby give me my harp."]Baby give me my harp.[/caption]
0 Responses