Summer Recharge

My husband calls it a teaching addiction. I refer to it as a learning addiction! Why is it, after looking forward to summer break for two (sometimes more!) straight months, we can't stop thinking about our classrooms and our students!

My friends and family think I'm nuts, but I (as well as many other educators) get recharged over the summer by attending workshops, conferences, and reading those most-talked-about books that we just didn't get to read during the school year. I'm not talking about the newest Jodi Picoult or Nicholas Sparks. I ran straight to the public library and checked out Christensen's Disrupting Class, Kohn's The Schools Our Children Deserve, and Covey's The Leader in Me. Yes, I am feeling the recharge coming on!

[caption id="attachment_352" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Kohn\'s book about moving beyond traditional classrooms"]Kohn's book about moving beyond traditional classrooms[/caption]
0 Responses